Monday, September 19, 2011

Well...I Thought Fall Was Coming...

Well...I thought fall was coming...the weather has made a bit of a turnaround.  The sun is shining and it's supposed to be around 80 the next couple of days.  Still, I planned my meals around things that I enjoy eating this time of year.  I'm always thinking of food.  It doesn't help that I spend my work day talking to patients at the hospital about food.  On my break I read cooking magazines, and when I get home, I watch Food Network or Cooking Channel.  I think it's safe to say that I love food.  Which is why I think I have a hard time losing weight sometimes.  As the seasons change, I'm looking forward to all the new types of food.  As spring approaches I'm dreaming of fresh vegetables.  In the summertime I'm ready for salads and grilled food.  Fall...I start gearing up for the warm cozy meals of winter.  I look forward to roasts and baking.  And above all, I like it to be easy.  Nothing too complicated, but delicious all the same.

I tried one of these McCormick Recipe Inspirations and really thought it was easy.  I don't mean to sound like an advertisement, but I liked that all I had to provide was the pork and the apples for the Apple and Sage Pork Chops. The seasonings were all there.

The only thing I changed from the recipe is that it called for two apples and the first time I made this, two apples seemed like too much.  This time around, I used one apple and it came out perfect.  I served this with a baked sweet potato.  What an awesome treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment