Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saying Hello.

Hello, my name is Trista.  Nice to meet you!  What does the comfort of home mean to you?  We all live very busy lives with work and activities.  At the end of the day, home is the haven we can go to to relax and reconnect with loved ones.  I was blessed to come from a big family.  So for me, home means time with family, good food and a comfy kind of decor around the house.

When my husband Rich and I got married, I couldn't wait to get settled into a home.  I'd dreamed of having a home like I grew up in.  I also had fond memories of my Grandma's house and of big family gatherings.  So far, we've lived in a few apartments.  We currently live in an apartment now, with our two year old son, Dillon.  My husband is well aware that I have at times wished that we could have a home of our own to set roots in and to grow and flourish.  These financial times are tough, though.  I think they are for just about everybody.  So I've finally decided that what I need to do is just take wherever I am living and turn it into home.

I have to admit, I don't know too much about decorating, but I'm  going to learn.  I can turn our apartment into a place of warmth.  That includes our relationships and the food.  Join me as I learn to create a home, wherever I may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment