Monday, September 26, 2011

A Good Down Day.

There will be no photos of food today.  No recipes.  I was surprised to see that my last post was a week ago.  It's been a pretty hectic week at work, and then we were a little busy at home, too.  Come Saturday, I was feeling like I needed a break.  I've been volunteering on the usher team at church and Saturday night, I was just feeling like sitting in service for once.  I wanted to be able to really participate in worship.  So I did.  I took a break that night.  And it was an exciting night at church.  There were lots of people that got baptised which was neat to witness.  I hear over the weekend it was some 400 people that got baptised.
Sunday, I worked.  It was still busy at work, and I was really looking forward to getting home.  I had stopped at the store to pick up a couple things to make dinner and when I had gotten back to my car, I saw that I had a flat tire right up front.  I really wanted to cry.  But I didn't.  I took a deep breath to keep myself calm and I called up my husband.  Now, his car is out of commission, which I had forgotten, so he recommended that I call my Mom.  She lives right down the street from the store I was at.  After a conversation with Mom, she had my Uncle Marcus on his way to help me put the doughnut on my car so that I could get home.
Was I up for cooking by the time I got home?  Not exactly...I was so relieved that Mom had sent home leftovers of lasagna from the night before.
So today we had a nice down day.  Not too much going on here.  I've done some laundry and some dishes.  It's always good to get a little cleaning done.  Rich, Dillon and I went and meandered the mall while waiting for my tire to be fixed.  We treated ourselves to some delicious See's chocolate while we were there.  As we stood in line at the See's Candies store, Dillon recognized where we were and he says in this super cute voice "Choc-o-late?"  "Oh yes honey, chocolate!"
After my car was ready, we came home and snuggled up together and watched movies.  This was just the kind of day I was needing.  A good down day.  I feel all ready to tackle the week now.

No comments:

Post a Comment