Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering.

Today was a day of remembrance.  We honor and remember the thousands of people that died this day 10 years ago.  Seeing news footage again, I still feel that sense of shock when I see that plane fly right into that tower.  Ten years later, it still nearly takes my breath away to watch.

Church had a really nice video they played with images from the attacks while a guy from the choir named Davie sang “Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)” by Alan Jackson.  It was incredibly moving.

The terrorists set out to make us weak, but only made us stronger.  Our country bonded together in a way that really hadn’t happened in a very long time.  I believe that this tragedy came with a lesson.  A lesson to live every day to the fullest, and to always show love and kindness for your family and fellow man.
I pray that you embrace your loved ones and always let them know you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment