Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hooray For Days Off!

Yesterday was the perfect kind of day off.  I got to spend some time snuggling up a Dillon-bug and my hubby, too.  I got to catch up on some cooking shows.  (I do love those!)  I did laundry, and Richie and I got into a good cleaning groove and got a lot accomplished.  To be honest, I've actually looked at tips for cleaning to try and make the job easier...and I think the best advice is...just do it!  Pick something and clean it.

I made a super yummy dinner, too.  It was some chicken thighs with an apple glaze with a side of quinoa with spinach and some steamed veggies.  The glaze was soo good and in my opinion, tasted like fall.  It was made from apple juice concentrate and Dijon mustard.  It had that warm sweet and spicy thing going on.  I wish that I could say that I took some pictures.  Honestly, I did, but I was in such a hurry to get to sit down and enjoy the meal that I had made that I hurried through the pictures and they didn't turn out good at all.  They're pretty blurry.  Not good for showing off something was tasty.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.  Rich recommends that the next time I made it, I make it with chicken breasts instead of thighs.  He's not a big fan of the thigh meat.  On chickens, anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment